Sunday 10 April 2011

Custom order - Summer handbag


I was asked a few weeks ago to make this lovely summer bag. It needed to be spacious and secure enough as the customer would use it while out with her kids. As a mother I completely understand - there is a need for a lot of space in your bag with children.

So she picked the fabric and agreed on the design. I used denim fabric for the bottom - when you have children your handbag ends up on the floor or ground a lot so the denim will not get dirty too quickly.

I love the main flower fabric - it's just so cheerful and the zip on the top is great and easy to open and close. I use the heavy sewn on interfacing on most of my projects so same here - it gives the bag more shape.
I have made the handles from the same fabric and sewn them on the top of the fabric in the place where is the seam. It is actually pretty easy to make so I might make some more out of different fabric. Let me know your thoughts :)

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Takes me forever when I'm buying bags because there's never seems to be one that's just right for me! If I wasn't a poor student, I'd definatly be placing a custom order because it's stunning!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:) BTW - I charge £15 + postage :) just in case :)

    ReplyDelete