Sunday 18 April 2010

Packaging

After a few weeks and some sales I had to seriously start to think about my packaging. I always got a feedback which included that my packaging was good, however I wanted to add something extra. I was thinking to buy the coloured tissues, but then I looked at the big pile of my green organza and though - that needs to go. So what am I gonna do with probably 5m of green organza? There is a lot I could, however I liked to use it as my new packaging. So here is the example - what do you think?



I have sewn this little pouch...............



...........and tied it with an organza ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Thats a really great idea!

    I use premade organza bags, or jewellery boxes for my smaller items, my Handbags I wrap in tissue and crochet a ribbon from odd length of yarn to pretty it up.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Natalie - crochet ribbon sounds good as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent idea - they look really pretty, I'm all for recycling - that was my Folksy Friday topic this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I have the same trouble - I buy very cheap brown paper bags and wrap my items in pretty tissue paper then into the back which is hole-punched and tied with a ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are pretty, I use organza or other odd pieces of lightweight fabric I have around, and add in ribbon drawstrings. (I bought masses of cheap 3mm satin ribbon when I was using it for necklaces, but they didn't sell well so I have to use it up!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look nice, I use recycled (old!) post it packs and some recycled tissue paper I bought from Etsy which cost a fortune to post to me. So something different when that runs out. P.S fanning you now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, I've got some organza lying about I might give it a try also.

    ReplyDelete